- OpenBazaar – decentralized eBay.
- Blockai – proving ownership.
- BitPesa – cheap remittance, RIP Western Union.
- Blockstream – sidechains, allow new features on top of the Bitcoin blockchain without changing the protocol.
- Trezor – hardware wallet, secure your bitcoins.
- Akasha – decentralized social network.
- Slock.it – IoT and decentralization, e.g. rent your unused WiFi bandwidth, smart locks, etc. Previously: TheDAO.
- uPort – Identity and reputation services.
- Swarm – serverless hosting.
I sincerely hope to add a Decred section for the next update of this post.
Note: this is no investor advice, the topics and the solutions they propose looks very interesting to me, but I’ve no idea if there is a market for it and how they manage their companies. I was super excited about bonafide.io (identity and reputation services) which ended operations ~a year ago and TheDAO which resulted in an epic Ethereum fail (hard fork).